Teenager gang-raped, burned to death in UP village
Ballia: A teenage girl succumbed to her injuries at a hospital here after she was allegedly gang-raped and set ablaze by three men in Chitbadgaon area, police said.
The 15-year-old was allegedly gang-raped by Tejnath Pal, Upendra and Kedarnath on May 11 and subsequently burnt, they said.
Following the incident, the girl was admitted to the hospital with 75 per cent burn injuries. She died on Friday during treatment.
While Upendra has been arrested, the other two are absconding, they added.
Meanwhile, BSP MP Ramashankar Vidhyarthi has alleged police inaction in the case and that the girl was not given proper medical treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!