Teenager kidnapped, killed by 3 youths
Kanpur: A 14-year-old son of a city-based businessman was allegedly kidnapped and killed by three youths known to him for ransom of Rs 20 lakh in Sawarupnagar area here, police said on Thursday.
The three accused-- Shubham, Jitin and Meghraj-- aged between 19 and 20 have been arrested by the police and body of the victim has been recovered.
According to the police, Siddharath was the son of businessman Pradip Chaudhary and was studying in class IX in DPS School, Azadnagar.
He went missing on December 22 and his family members registered a complaint on December 23. On December 24 the kidnappers demanded Rs 20 lakh ransom, police said.
Based on Siddharath`s mobile surveillance, police caught the accused from the IIT campus here.
Jitin and Meghraj`s fathers are fourth class employees at IIT and Shubham is a resident of Nankari area.
The accused who were known to Siddharath from last one and half years called him on Sunday and strangulated him to death. They then demanded money from his father.
The victim`s body has been found in a lake near the Kalyanpur area and was sent for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review