Temple-mosque issue matter of community: Litigant
Ayodhya: Questioning intentions of Mohammad
Hashim Ansari, another litigant in the Ayodhya title suit Haji
Mehboob on Saturday said the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri mosque issue was not confined to Ayodhya-Faizabad alone but concerned the
entire Muslim community.
"Ansari has initiated moves to find a solution without
taking the entire community (Muslims) into confidence. Both
his initiative and viewpoints are wrong," Mehboob said.
On October three, Ansari, one of the main litigants in
the title suit, had met Mahant Gyan Das of Hanumanghari, who
is also President of the Akhil Bhartiya Akhara Parishad, to
explore the possibility of an amicable solution.
Though the Mahant had refused to divulge details,
90-year-old Ansari had said: "I have initiated the move after
being asked by the Sunni Central Wakf Board."
Mehboob told reporters here today there were 10
litigants from Muslim side in this case of which some had
"This case is not limited to Ayodhya-Faizabad alone. It
is a matter of the entire community," he said.
Mehboob said there were certain points in the High
Court order which woould be challenged in the Supreme Court.
"Whatever the decision, it will be accepted by all,"
He alleged Ansari was playing into the hands of some
"Mahant Gyan Das is neither a litigant nor he is
associated with the case in any manner," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket