Ten bonded labourers freed in UP
Bhadohi: Ten bonded labourers working in a brick kiln were rescued after a raid in Chavar Navada village here, police said.
On a tip off, local police carried out the raid yesterday and freed them, Assistant Labour Commissioner R K Pathak said, adding that they had been working as bonded labourers for the past eight months.
The kiln`s owner, Bharat Pratap Singh, has been arrested, he said.
Eight of the freed labourers belonged to Chattisgarh and the other two from Mirzapur district of the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!