Ten bonded labourers freed in UP
Bhadohi: Ten bonded labourers working in a brick kiln were rescued after a raid in Chavar Navada village here, police said.
On a tip off, local police carried out the raid yesterday and freed them, Assistant Labour Commissioner R K Pathak said, adding that they had been working as bonded labourers for the past eight months.
The kiln`s owner, Bharat Pratap Singh, has been arrested, he said.
Eight of the freed labourers belonged to Chattisgarh and the other two from Mirzapur district of the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore