Ten bonded labourers freed in UP
Bhadohi: Ten bonded labourers working in a brick kiln were rescued after a raid in Chavar Navada village here, police said.
On a tip off, local police carried out the raid yesterday and freed them, Assistant Labour Commissioner R K Pathak said, adding that they had been working as bonded labourers for the past eight months.
The kiln`s owner, Bharat Pratap Singh, has been arrested, he said.
Eight of the freed labourers belonged to Chattisgarh and the other two from Mirzapur district of the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot