Ten killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident
Lucknow: Ten people, including two children, were killed on Tuesday when a speeding tempo collided with a school bus in Mathura in Uttar Pradesh, police said.
The school bus was coming from Vrindavan and going towards Mathura, over 400 km from here. It collided head-on with a tempo coming from the opposite direction.
Two children and a driver of one of the vehicles were among those killed, a home department official said. The identities of those killed in the accident were yet to be ascertained.
Four others, injured in the accident, were being treated at a hospital near the Mathura oil refinery.
Nearby residents blocked traffic on the highway briefly and pelted stones at passing vehicles, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police