Ten killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident
Lucknow: Ten people, including two children, were killed on Tuesday when a speeding tempo collided with a school bus in Mathura in Uttar Pradesh, police said.
The school bus was coming from Vrindavan and going towards Mathura, over 400 km from here. It collided head-on with a tempo coming from the opposite direction.
Two children and a driver of one of the vehicles were among those killed, a home department official said. The identities of those killed in the accident were yet to be ascertained.
Four others, injured in the accident, were being treated at a hospital near the Mathura oil refinery.
Nearby residents blocked traffic on the highway briefly and pelted stones at passing vehicles, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days