Ten killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident
Lucknow: Ten people, including two children, were killed on Tuesday when a speeding tempo collided with a school bus in Mathura in Uttar Pradesh, police said.
The school bus was coming from Vrindavan and going towards Mathura, over 400 km from here. It collided head-on with a tempo coming from the opposite direction.
Two children and a driver of one of the vehicles were among those killed, a home department official said. The identities of those killed in the accident were yet to be ascertained.
Four others, injured in the accident, were being treated at a hospital near the Mathura oil refinery.
Nearby residents blocked traffic on the highway briefly and pelted stones at passing vehicles, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!