Ten killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident
Lucknow: Ten people, including two children, were killed on Tuesday when a speeding tempo collided with a school bus in Mathura in Uttar Pradesh, police said.
The school bus was coming from Vrindavan and going towards Mathura, over 400 km from here. It collided head-on with a tempo coming from the opposite direction.
Two children and a driver of one of the vehicles were among those killed, a home department official said. The identities of those killed in the accident were yet to be ascertained.
Four others, injured in the accident, were being treated at a hospital near the Mathura oil refinery.
Nearby residents blocked traffic on the highway briefly and pelted stones at passing vehicles, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?