Ten sugar mills to close operations in UP
Muzaffarnagar: As many as ten sugar mills of two districts in Uttar Pradesh announced closure dates of the crushing season due to shortage of sugarcane here on Friday.
"Muzaffarnagar and Shamli districts of Uttar Pradesh will close operations of crushing season due to shortage of sugarcane," district officer RB Ram told reporters here.
Nine Sugar mills will close down between April 15-25, which include Mansoor Purin, Khatoli, Titawi, Tikola, Basana, Khaikheri, Morna, Unn, Thana Bhawan while sugar mill in Shamli will close down on May 5, Ram said.
He said that dues of farmers amounting to more than Rs 600 crore are pending on sugar mills in the two districts.
The district authorities have taken steps to ensure full payment to the farmers, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed