Ten sugar mills to close operations in UP
Muzaffarnagar: As many as ten sugar mills of two districts in Uttar Pradesh announced closure dates of the crushing season due to shortage of sugarcane here on Friday.
"Muzaffarnagar and Shamli districts of Uttar Pradesh will close operations of crushing season due to shortage of sugarcane," district officer RB Ram told reporters here.
Nine Sugar mills will close down between April 15-25, which include Mansoor Purin, Khatoli, Titawi, Tikola, Basana, Khaikheri, Morna, Unn, Thana Bhawan while sugar mill in Shamli will close down on May 5, Ram said.
He said that dues of farmers amounting to more than Rs 600 crore are pending on sugar mills in the two districts.
The district authorities have taken steps to ensure full payment to the farmers, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH