Ten sugar mills to close operations in UP
Muzaffarnagar: As many as ten sugar mills of two districts in Uttar Pradesh announced closure dates of the crushing season due to shortage of sugarcane here on Friday.
"Muzaffarnagar and Shamli districts of Uttar Pradesh will close operations of crushing season due to shortage of sugarcane," district officer RB Ram told reporters here.
Nine Sugar mills will close down between April 15-25, which include Mansoor Purin, Khatoli, Titawi, Tikola, Basana, Khaikheri, Morna, Unn, Thana Bhawan while sugar mill in Shamli will close down on May 5, Ram said.
He said that dues of farmers amounting to more than Rs 600 crore are pending on sugar mills in the two districts.
The district authorities have taken steps to ensure full payment to the farmers, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO