Ten sugar mills to close operations in UP
Muzaffarnagar: As many as ten sugar mills of two districts in Uttar Pradesh announced closure dates of the crushing season due to shortage of sugarcane here on Friday.
"Muzaffarnagar and Shamli districts of Uttar Pradesh will close operations of crushing season due to shortage of sugarcane," district officer RB Ram told reporters here.
Nine Sugar mills will close down between April 15-25, which include Mansoor Purin, Khatoli, Titawi, Tikola, Basana, Khaikheri, Morna, Unn, Thana Bhawan while sugar mill in Shamli will close down on May 5, Ram said.
He said that dues of farmers amounting to more than Rs 600 crore are pending on sugar mills in the two districts.
The district authorities have taken steps to ensure full payment to the farmers, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Shocking: MP police ask three accused to remove clothes in lock-up – Know what happens next
- Burhan Wani may have been spared, hints J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti
- ASUS unveils new ''ROG'' gaming desktop; price starts Rs 1.85 lakh
- 'Dishoom' mania: Jacqueline Fernandez can work with Rohit Dhawan a 'million times over'
- 7th Pay Commission: Even ‘good performance’ not good enough for salary hike, promotion