Ten sugar mills to close operations in UP
Muzaffarnagar: As many as ten sugar mills of two districts in Uttar Pradesh announced closure dates of the crushing season due to shortage of sugarcane here on Friday.
"Muzaffarnagar and Shamli districts of Uttar Pradesh will close operations of crushing season due to shortage of sugarcane," district officer RB Ram told reporters here.
Nine Sugar mills will close down between April 15-25, which include Mansoor Purin, Khatoli, Titawi, Tikola, Basana, Khaikheri, Morna, Unn, Thana Bhawan while sugar mill in Shamli will close down on May 5, Ram said.
He said that dues of farmers amounting to more than Rs 600 crore are pending on sugar mills in the two districts.
The district authorities have taken steps to ensure full payment to the farmers, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof