Ten-year imprisonment to two for raping minor
Barabanki: Two persons were given ten-year imprisonment by a local court here for raping a minor girl, sources said here Friday.
Dhirendra Verma and Kamlesh were awarded ten-year imprisonment and also imposed a fine of Rs 4,000 each after court of Additional Sessions Judge Kumud Pal found them guilty of raping the minor, prosecution sources said.
An FIR against the two had been registered in May last year at Safdarganj police station by Verma`s brother Ramkumar alleging that his younger daughter had been lured by the two and later raped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says