Tenage girl becomes victim of dishonour killing in Agra
Agra: In a case of dishonour killing, a
teenage girl was strangulated to death allegedly by her
relatives for having an affair with a boy who also later
The body of Fauzia was exhumed from a graveyard in
Lahmandi here on a magistrate`s order on Saturday following a
complaint by the family of Sonu, who in his suicide note
blamed her parents for his death.
The post mortem showed that the girl, in her late
teens, was strangulated to death, DIG Aseem Arun said, adding
they have sent four teams to search for the relatives of
Fauzia who have fled after the incident.
"It appears to be a case of honour killing," he said.
Sonu, 20, and Fauzia were neighbours and were having
an affair. In a complaint, Sonu`s sister Rubel alleged that
Fauzia`s family had opposed their relationship and had even
threatened Sonu with dire consequences.
Sonu allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself
after Fauzia`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years