Tenage girl becomes victim of dishonour killing in Agra
Agra: In a case of dishonour killing, a
teenage girl was strangulated to death allegedly by her
relatives for having an affair with a boy who also later
The body of Fauzia was exhumed from a graveyard in
Lahmandi here on a magistrate`s order on Saturday following a
complaint by the family of Sonu, who in his suicide note
blamed her parents for his death.
The post mortem showed that the girl, in her late
teens, was strangulated to death, DIG Aseem Arun said, adding
they have sent four teams to search for the relatives of
Fauzia who have fled after the incident.
"It appears to be a case of honour killing," he said.
Sonu, 20, and Fauzia were neighbours and were having
an affair. In a complaint, Sonu`s sister Rubel alleged that
Fauzia`s family had opposed their relationship and had even
threatened Sonu with dire consequences.
Sonu allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself
after Fauzia`s death.
- DNA: Development in India is non-existent when people are dying of thirst and hunger
- DNA: Millions of tonnes of grains in warehouses go to waste while people die of hunger
- DNA: Analysis of how issues of importance are given no leverage in Parliament
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease - PartII
- AgustaWestland probe will focus on names in Italy court judgement, says Manohar Parrikar
- Goa MLA Atanasio Monserrate booked for raping minor
- Kasich dropping out of US presidential race: Report
- Indian woman wins gender discrimination case against Wipro in Britain
- Chopper deal: I blacklisted AgustaWestland, not UPA, says Arun Jaitley