Tenage girl becomes victim of dishonour killing in Agra
Agra: In a case of dishonour killing, a
teenage girl was strangulated to death allegedly by her
relatives for having an affair with a boy who also later
The body of Fauzia was exhumed from a graveyard in
Lahmandi here on a magistrate`s order on Saturday following a
complaint by the family of Sonu, who in his suicide note
blamed her parents for his death.
The post mortem showed that the girl, in her late
teens, was strangulated to death, DIG Aseem Arun said, adding
they have sent four teams to search for the relatives of
Fauzia who have fled after the incident.
"It appears to be a case of honour killing," he said.
Sonu, 20, and Fauzia were neighbours and were having
an affair. In a complaint, Sonu`s sister Rubel alleged that
Fauzia`s family had opposed their relationship and had even
threatened Sonu with dire consequences.
Sonu allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself
after Fauzia`s death.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know