Tenage girl becomes victim of dishonour killing in Agra
Agra: In a case of dishonour killing, a
teenage girl was strangulated to death allegedly by her
relatives for having an affair with a boy who also later
The body of Fauzia was exhumed from a graveyard in
Lahmandi here on a magistrate`s order on Saturday following a
complaint by the family of Sonu, who in his suicide note
blamed her parents for his death.
The post mortem showed that the girl, in her late
teens, was strangulated to death, DIG Aseem Arun said, adding
they have sent four teams to search for the relatives of
Fauzia who have fled after the incident.
"It appears to be a case of honour killing," he said.
Sonu, 20, and Fauzia were neighbours and were having
an affair. In a complaint, Sonu`s sister Rubel alleged that
Fauzia`s family had opposed their relationship and had even
threatened Sonu with dire consequences.
Sonu allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself
after Fauzia`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug