Tension grips UP-Har border village after farmer, mafia clashes
Muzaffarnagar: Tension prevailed in Shitalghari village in Shamli district after clashes broke out between farmers and sand mafia involved in picking sand from fields near the Yamuna river, police said.
As many as 50 people were made to sign a bond yesterday as a preventive measure after the clashes in the village located on UP-Haryana border, police said.
"We have made 50 people sign a bond as a preventive measure under section 107 of CrPc, saying they will not be taking part in any violent activity," SDM, Kairan, Shailendra Kumar told reporters here.
The security in Shitalghri village has also been tightened, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video