Tension grips UP-Har border village after farmer, mafia clashes
Muzaffarnagar: Tension prevailed in Shitalghari village in Shamli district after clashes broke out between farmers and sand mafia involved in picking sand from fields near the Yamuna river, police said.
As many as 50 people were made to sign a bond yesterday as a preventive measure after the clashes in the village located on UP-Haryana border, police said.
"We have made 50 people sign a bond as a preventive measure under section 107 of CrPc, saying they will not be taking part in any violent activity," SDM, Kairan, Shailendra Kumar told reporters here.
The security in Shitalghri village has also been tightened, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!