Tension grips UP-Har border village after farmer, mafia clashes
Muzaffarnagar: Tension prevailed in Shitalghari village in Shamli district after clashes broke out between farmers and sand mafia involved in picking sand from fields near the Yamuna river, police said.
As many as 50 people were made to sign a bond yesterday as a preventive measure after the clashes in the village located on UP-Haryana border, police said.
"We have made 50 people sign a bond as a preventive measure under section 107 of CrPc, saying they will not be taking part in any violent activity," SDM, Kairan, Shailendra Kumar told reporters here.
The security in Shitalghri village has also been tightened, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29