Tension grips UP-Har border village after farmer, mafia clashes
Muzaffarnagar: Tension prevailed in Shitalghari village in Shamli district after clashes broke out between farmers and sand mafia involved in picking sand from fields near the Yamuna river, police said.
As many as 50 people were made to sign a bond yesterday as a preventive measure after the clashes in the village located on UP-Haryana border, police said.
"We have made 50 people sign a bond as a preventive measure under section 107 of CrPc, saying they will not be taking part in any violent activity," SDM, Kairan, Shailendra Kumar told reporters here.
The security in Shitalghri village has also been tightened, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 85 seats, BJP in 53; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Results 2017 LIVE: Out of 10 civic bodies, Shiv Sena ahead in BMC and Thane; BJP in 7, NCP in Pimpri Chinchwad