Tension grips UP-Har border village after farmer, mafia clashes
Muzaffarnagar: Tension prevailed in Shitalghari village in Shamli district after clashes broke out between farmers and sand mafia involved in picking sand from fields near the Yamuna river, police said.
As many as 50 people were made to sign a bond yesterday as a preventive measure after the clashes in the village located on UP-Haryana border, police said.
"We have made 50 people sign a bond as a preventive measure under section 107 of CrPc, saying they will not be taking part in any violent activity," SDM, Kairan, Shailendra Kumar told reporters here.
The security in Shitalghri village has also been tightened, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday