Tension in Hajiyapur area over use of loud speaker, 8 arrested
Bareilly: Tension prevailed in Hajiyapur area of the district after two groups clashed over the playing of loudspeakers during Janmashthmi celebrations.
A group had raised objection to revellers playing songs on loudspeakers and dancing near a slaughter house in Ambedkarnagar locality after which the revellers allegedly beat up one youth, police sources said today.
Supporters of the youth soon arrived at the scene and both sides indulged in heavy brick batting following a heated debate, the sources said.
Police had to use force to disperse the mob.
Eight people have been arrested and a case has been registered against 25 people, District Magistrate Abhishek Kumar, who visited the area last night, said.
The situation there is now under control, he said, adding that additional police has been deployed as a precautionary measure.
Meanwhile, in Kunwarpur and Malookpur areas also, locals protested by taking to the street over police attempts to stop playing of loudspeakers.
Normalcy was restored after this was allowed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi