Tension prevails after quarrel in UP village
Raebareli: Tension prevailed in Ahiyarapur village in city area after a quarrel during a local wrestling competition led to protests by a group of people who blocked the roads here, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place last night during a "dangal" (wrestling competition) when a child was allegedly beaten by some unidentified persons, they said.
Later, "rumours spread that some persons of a particular community were killed after which people came out of their houses and blocked traffic," they said.
The police, however, reached the spot and controlled the situation while resorting to lathicharge.
Heavy forces are deployed in the village to check any untoward incident, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement