Tension prevails after quarrel in UP village
Raebareli: Tension prevailed in Ahiyarapur village in city area after a quarrel during a local wrestling competition led to protests by a group of people who blocked the roads here, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place last night during a "dangal" (wrestling competition) when a child was allegedly beaten by some unidentified persons, they said.
Later, "rumours spread that some persons of a particular community were killed after which people came out of their houses and blocked traffic," they said.
The police, however, reached the spot and controlled the situation while resorting to lathicharge.
Heavy forces are deployed in the village to check any untoward incident, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak