Tension prevails in Muzaffarnagar after clash
Muzaffarnagar: Security has been tightened in Kawal village here where tension prevailed after three persons were killed over a minor dispute, police said here.
Security has been tightened and patrolling has been intensified as tension prevailed in the area. A posse of police have been deployed to maintain law and order, police said.
Three persons were killed over a minor dispute which broke out after two motorbikes had collided with each other at Kawal village yesterday.
While victim Qureshi was allegedly stabbed to death by Gaurav and his friend Sachin (25), hearing his cries, locals later rushed to the spot and beat the duo to death.
A case has already been registered in this regard.
Meanwhile, in a major reshuffle, the Uttar Pradesh government has transferred 25 IPS officers, including Director Generals.
SSP Muzaffarnagar Manjil Saini has been transferred from the district and attached to the DG headquarters, an official spokesperson said today in Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing