Tension prevails in Muzaffarnagar after clash
Muzaffarnagar: Security has been tightened in Kawal village here where tension prevailed after three persons were killed over a minor dispute, police said here.
Security has been tightened and patrolling has been intensified as tension prevailed in the area. A posse of police have been deployed to maintain law and order, police said.
Three persons were killed over a minor dispute which broke out after two motorbikes had collided with each other at Kawal village yesterday.
While victim Qureshi was allegedly stabbed to death by Gaurav and his friend Sachin (25), hearing his cries, locals later rushed to the spot and beat the duo to death.
A case has already been registered in this regard.
Meanwhile, in a major reshuffle, the Uttar Pradesh government has transferred 25 IPS officers, including Director Generals.
SSP Muzaffarnagar Manjil Saini has been transferred from the district and attached to the DG headquarters, an official spokesperson said today in Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Today in History, 24th September, 2016
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi