Terrorism needs to be tackled, says UP governor
Ghaziabad: Terrorism is one of the biggest challenges India is facing today and there is a great need for the forces to tackle it completely, Uttar Pradesh Governor BL Joshi said here Monday.
"Terrorism both within and outside India has affected the development process of the country and there is a great need for the Indian forces to confront such evil forces so that it does not hinder the development process of the country at any level," said Joshi, speaking at the 45th raising day of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
He said terrorism has highly affected Jammu and Kashmir, northeastern states and the other Maoist-affected states of the country.
"It is matter of regret that soldiers from various security and paramilitary forces give up their life tackling terrorism," Joshi said.
Speaking on the occasion, CISF Director General Arvind Ranjan said the CISF is focusing on making the entire force techno-savvy and in the coming years it will specially focus on the usage of latest technology in security operations.
"A new intelligence training school will be set up to train personnel in latest technology," Ranjan said.
He also said that for the Lok Sabha elections a total of 165 battalions of the CISF will be deployed for the smooth conduct of the polls, and if required the security force was ready to deploy more personnel depending on the poll panel instructions.
"We want the entire polls to be organised in a very unbiased manner and avoid any kind of illegitimate activities during the polls," Ranjan added.
Ranjan said the aim was to make CISF the best security force in the world and every effort was made towards it.
The CISF came into existence March 10, 1969, as a specially trained force to provide security cover to the public sector undertakings but later it was given the responsibility to provide security to joint ventures and private establishments.
It provides security cover to all major airports and sea ports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof