Terrorism needs to be tackled, says UP governor
Ghaziabad: Terrorism is one of the biggest challenges India is facing today and there is a great need for the forces to tackle it completely, Uttar Pradesh Governor BL Joshi said here Monday.
"Terrorism both within and outside India has affected the development process of the country and there is a great need for the Indian forces to confront such evil forces so that it does not hinder the development process of the country at any level," said Joshi, speaking at the 45th raising day of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
He said terrorism has highly affected Jammu and Kashmir, northeastern states and the other Maoist-affected states of the country.
"It is matter of regret that soldiers from various security and paramilitary forces give up their life tackling terrorism," Joshi said.
Speaking on the occasion, CISF Director General Arvind Ranjan said the CISF is focusing on making the entire force techno-savvy and in the coming years it will specially focus on the usage of latest technology in security operations.
"A new intelligence training school will be set up to train personnel in latest technology," Ranjan said.
He also said that for the Lok Sabha elections a total of 165 battalions of the CISF will be deployed for the smooth conduct of the polls, and if required the security force was ready to deploy more personnel depending on the poll panel instructions.
"We want the entire polls to be organised in a very unbiased manner and avoid any kind of illegitimate activities during the polls," Ranjan added.
Ranjan said the aim was to make CISF the best security force in the world and every effort was made towards it.
The CISF came into existence March 10, 1969, as a specially trained force to provide security cover to the public sector undertakings but later it was given the responsibility to provide security to joint ventures and private establishments.
It provides security cover to all major airports and sea ports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report