Terrorism needs to be tackled, says UP governor
Ghaziabad: Terrorism is one of the biggest challenges India is facing today and there is a great need for the forces to tackle it completely, Uttar Pradesh Governor BL Joshi said here Monday.
"Terrorism both within and outside India has affected the development process of the country and there is a great need for the Indian forces to confront such evil forces so that it does not hinder the development process of the country at any level," said Joshi, speaking at the 45th raising day of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
He said terrorism has highly affected Jammu and Kashmir, northeastern states and the other Maoist-affected states of the country.
"It is matter of regret that soldiers from various security and paramilitary forces give up their life tackling terrorism," Joshi said.
Speaking on the occasion, CISF Director General Arvind Ranjan said the CISF is focusing on making the entire force techno-savvy and in the coming years it will specially focus on the usage of latest technology in security operations.
"A new intelligence training school will be set up to train personnel in latest technology," Ranjan said.
He also said that for the Lok Sabha elections a total of 165 battalions of the CISF will be deployed for the smooth conduct of the polls, and if required the security force was ready to deploy more personnel depending on the poll panel instructions.
"We want the entire polls to be organised in a very unbiased manner and avoid any kind of illegitimate activities during the polls," Ranjan added.
Ranjan said the aim was to make CISF the best security force in the world and every effort was made towards it.
The CISF came into existence March 10, 1969, as a specially trained force to provide security cover to the public sector undertakings but later it was given the responsibility to provide security to joint ventures and private establishments.
It provides security cover to all major airports and sea ports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata