Terrorists want Mulayam to intercede on their behalf
Lucknow: Buoyed by the Uttar Pradesh government`s moves seeking dropping of charges against terrorists involved in bomb blasts in Faizabad and Lucknow courts, a young Indian Mujahideen (IM) terrorist is "trying to work out a way to surrender" in a Delhi court.
And pitching for him is Samajwadi Party legislator Wasim Ahmad, also the minister of state for basic education, who is reported to have put up his case with the party leadership including Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and the party president Mulayam Singh Yadav.
Confirming that he was batting for "dozens of innocent Muslims who had been framed by the Congress as easy fodder for trigger happy policemen", Wasim told a news agency that the party leadership was seized of the matter and he would "do all under his might to resolve the issue amicably".
Reliable sources while refusing to get into the "political entry point" of the matter told the agency that the Anti-Terror Squad (ATS) of UP and the home department had been informally asked to study the matter and brief the top bosses on the workability of the possible surrender.
A senior SP leader avoided a direct question on whether Mulayam Singh Yadav was in receipt of a letter by Javed Akhtar, father of one of the terrorists.
But he said the leadership was "seized of many such matters" and that the party was seriously working towards finding a solution on all those who have been falsely framed and to get them justice.
This particular case pertains to Asadullah Khan and Ariz Khan of Azamgarh who escaped from Delhi after the Batla House encounter of Sep 19, 2008.
Understood to be hiding in UP for the last three years, the two alleged IM terrorists have the Delhi Police in hot pursuit. Their families fear for their lives now.
Together, the duo carries a reward of Rs 6 lakhs on their heads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron