TET aspirant’s lathicharged in Lucknow
Lucknow: A number of aspirants who cleared the Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) were on Tuesday lathicharged by the police when they were heading toward the Vidhan Bhawan.
Demanding that the state government not cancel the TET examination, the aspirants gathered from all over the state headed toward the Vidhan Bhawan.
They were stopped by the police from proceeding and when the use of water cannons did not disperse them police resorted to baton charge, official sources said.
The aspirants under the banner of TET Passed Sangharsh Morcha demanded that they be immediately employed in primary schools as they had cleared the TET examination.
They later sent a memorandum of their demands to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and sat in a dharna at Jhulela Park.
The TET exams was held last year after the arrest of then Director Secondary Education Sanjay Mohan due to alleged discrepancies in the exam and taking money for clearing the names of examinees.
For misdeeds of the officers, 72825 TET passed aspirants should not be targeted, Sangharsh Morcha officer bearer Ganesh Dixit asserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Delhi horror: Pedophile held for sexually assaulting 600 girls
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre