TET aspirant’s lathicharged in Lucknow
Lucknow: A number of aspirants who cleared the Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) were on Tuesday lathicharged by the police when they were heading toward the Vidhan Bhawan.
Demanding that the state government not cancel the TET examination, the aspirants gathered from all over the state headed toward the Vidhan Bhawan.
They were stopped by the police from proceeding and when the use of water cannons did not disperse them police resorted to baton charge, official sources said.
The aspirants under the banner of TET Passed Sangharsh Morcha demanded that they be immediately employed in primary schools as they had cleared the TET examination.
They later sent a memorandum of their demands to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and sat in a dharna at Jhulela Park.
The TET exams was held last year after the arrest of then Director Secondary Education Sanjay Mohan due to alleged discrepancies in the exam and taking money for clearing the names of examinees.
For misdeeds of the officers, 72825 TET passed aspirants should not be targeted, Sangharsh Morcha officer bearer Ganesh Dixit asserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed