Tewatia will be arrested wherever he is found: UP Police
Lucknow: Absconding farmer leader Manveer
Singh Tewatia, who is wanted and carrying Rs 50,000 reward on
his head, would be arrested wherever he is found, Uttar
Pradesh police said on Thursday.
"The leader is wanted by the state police and we can
arrest him anywhere in the country. If need be we will contact
Delhi Police for the purpose," Special DG (Law and Order) Brij
Lal told reporters in reply to a question.
Tewatia, is on the run after the May 7 farmer-police
clashes at Bhatta Parsaul in Gautam Budh Nagar.
About the proposed joint demonstration of All India
Jat Arakshan Sangharsh Samiti and All India Kisan Liberation
Front in support of Tewatia at Jantar Mantar on Sunday, Brij
Lal said the police would make attempts to arrest Tewatia.
The two farmer organisations are demanding a free and
fair inquiry by an independent body into the police firing at
Bhattar Parsaul village, besides formation of a committee to
visit the village for restoring confidence among residents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test