Tewatia will be arrested wherever he is found: UP Police
Lucknow: Absconding farmer leader Manveer
Singh Tewatia, who is wanted and carrying Rs 50,000 reward on
his head, would be arrested wherever he is found, Uttar
Pradesh police said on Thursday.
"The leader is wanted by the state police and we can
arrest him anywhere in the country. If need be we will contact
Delhi Police for the purpose," Special DG (Law and Order) Brij
Lal told reporters in reply to a question.
Tewatia, is on the run after the May 7 farmer-police
clashes at Bhatta Parsaul in Gautam Budh Nagar.
About the proposed joint demonstration of All India
Jat Arakshan Sangharsh Samiti and All India Kisan Liberation
Front in support of Tewatia at Jantar Mantar on Sunday, Brij
Lal said the police would make attempts to arrest Tewatia.
The two farmer organisations are demanding a free and
fair inquiry by an independent body into the police firing at
Bhattar Parsaul village, besides formation of a committee to
visit the village for restoring confidence among residents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says