Thackeray`s ashes immersed in Sangam
Allahabad: The ashes of Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray were Thursday immersed in the holy Sangam here.
Thackeray`s ashes were brought to the city by Shiv Sena leaders from Maharashtra, who were joined by the party`s local unit members.
However, no immediate family members of the Sena leader were present.
Before being immersed in the confluence of Ganga, Yamuna and mythical Saraswati, the ashes were kept at a Civil Lines crossing in the city for some time to enable followers of the Sena chief to pay their respect.
Meanwhile, a group of local Congress members and others held protest against the policies of the Shiv Sena.
They were dispersed by the policemen deployed nearby before the ashes were taken to the Sangam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH