Thackeray`s ashes immersed in Sangam
Allahabad: The ashes of Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray were Thursday immersed in the holy Sangam here.
Thackeray`s ashes were brought to the city by Shiv Sena leaders from Maharashtra, who were joined by the party`s local unit members.
However, no immediate family members of the Sena leader were present.
Before being immersed in the confluence of Ganga, Yamuna and mythical Saraswati, the ashes were kept at a Civil Lines crossing in the city for some time to enable followers of the Sena chief to pay their respect.
Meanwhile, a group of local Congress members and others held protest against the policies of the Shiv Sena.
They were dispersed by the policemen deployed nearby before the ashes were taken to the Sangam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends