Thackeray`s ashes immersed in Sangam
Allahabad: The ashes of Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray were Thursday immersed in the holy Sangam here.
Thackeray`s ashes were brought to the city by Shiv Sena leaders from Maharashtra, who were joined by the party`s local unit members.
However, no immediate family members of the Sena leader were present.
Before being immersed in the confluence of Ganga, Yamuna and mythical Saraswati, the ashes were kept at a Civil Lines crossing in the city for some time to enable followers of the Sena chief to pay their respect.
Meanwhile, a group of local Congress members and others held protest against the policies of the Shiv Sena.
They were dispersed by the policemen deployed nearby before the ashes were taken to the Sangam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda