Thackeray`s ashes immersed in Sangam
Allahabad: The ashes of Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray were Thursday immersed in the holy Sangam here.
Thackeray`s ashes were brought to the city by Shiv Sena leaders from Maharashtra, who were joined by the party`s local unit members.
However, no immediate family members of the Sena leader were present.
Before being immersed in the confluence of Ganga, Yamuna and mythical Saraswati, the ashes were kept at a Civil Lines crossing in the city for some time to enable followers of the Sena chief to pay their respect.
Meanwhile, a group of local Congress members and others held protest against the policies of the Shiv Sena.
They were dispersed by the policemen deployed nearby before the ashes were taken to the Sangam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India