Thackeray`s ashes immersed in Sangam
Allahabad: The ashes of Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray were Thursday immersed in the holy Sangam here.
Thackeray`s ashes were brought to the city by Shiv Sena leaders from Maharashtra, who were joined by the party`s local unit members.
However, no immediate family members of the Sena leader were present.
Before being immersed in the confluence of Ganga, Yamuna and mythical Saraswati, the ashes were kept at a Civil Lines crossing in the city for some time to enable followers of the Sena chief to pay their respect.
Meanwhile, a group of local Congress members and others held protest against the policies of the Shiv Sena.
They were dispersed by the policemen deployed nearby before the ashes were taken to the Sangam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi