Theft at Upper City Magistrate`s residence
Meerut: Cash and jewellery worth Rs 3 lakh was allegedly stolen from the official residence of the upper city magistrate here, police said on Wednesday.
Sanjay Chauhan, Upper City Magistrate (Brahmpuri) had gone out of station on May 13 with his family and after returning, he noticed that cash and jewelry was missing, they said.
A report was yesterday lodged at the Civil Lines police station here, they said.
A theft was reported at residence of former DGP Prakash Singh a few days ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?