Theft at Upper City Magistrate`s residence
Meerut: Cash and jewellery worth Rs 3 lakh was allegedly stolen from the official residence of the upper city magistrate here, police said on Wednesday.
Sanjay Chauhan, Upper City Magistrate (Brahmpuri) had gone out of station on May 13 with his family and after returning, he noticed that cash and jewelry was missing, they said.
A report was yesterday lodged at the Civil Lines police station here, they said.
A theft was reported at residence of former DGP Prakash Singh a few days ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened