There should be no injustice with UP: Akhilesh Yadav
Lucknow: In the face of a veiled attack by Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi over lack of development, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday said there should not be any injustice with the state.
He also said works being carried out by the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) in Rae Bareli should be extended up to Allahabad as per the requirement.
"The road work being done by NHAI is incomplete....Four- laning of the road is being done up to Rae Bareli (Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s Lok Sabha constituency) beyond which it is the same old one... It should be seen that no injustice is done to UP and the four-laning be up to Allahabad (as required)," Yadav told newspersons here.
The Chief Minister said decks have been cleared by his government in today`s cabinet meeting for setting up AIIMS which, he alleged, was stopped by the previous government as it was doing politics in its name.
"Samajwadi Party government has given green signal for allotting the required land free of cost...Is this not development", Yadav said, adding it is for the Centre to see whether one AIIMS (in Rae Bareli) was enough for 20 crore population of the state.
On allegations of lack of development, Yadav without taking name, said his government was making continued efforts to make the state prosperous and attract industries.
"At the recent Agra summit, which proved to be successful, several participants said they will invest in UP and worked on what industries can be set up here," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'