There should be no injustice with UP: Akhilesh Yadav
Lucknow: In the face of a veiled attack by Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi over lack of development, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday said there should not be any injustice with the state.
He also said works being carried out by the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) in Rae Bareli should be extended up to Allahabad as per the requirement.
"The road work being done by NHAI is incomplete....Four- laning of the road is being done up to Rae Bareli (Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s Lok Sabha constituency) beyond which it is the same old one... It should be seen that no injustice is done to UP and the four-laning be up to Allahabad (as required)," Yadav told newspersons here.
The Chief Minister said decks have been cleared by his government in today`s cabinet meeting for setting up AIIMS which, he alleged, was stopped by the previous government as it was doing politics in its name.
"Samajwadi Party government has given green signal for allotting the required land free of cost...Is this not development", Yadav said, adding it is for the Centre to see whether one AIIMS (in Rae Bareli) was enough for 20 crore population of the state.
On allegations of lack of development, Yadav without taking name, said his government was making continued efforts to make the state prosperous and attract industries.
"At the recent Agra summit, which proved to be successful, several participants said they will invest in UP and worked on what industries can be set up here," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir