Thieves loot idol, cash from Jagannath temple
Mathura: Idols, jewellery and cash were allegedly looted from the sanctum sanctorum of a temple in Gyanguddi area of the city by unidentified men, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place on Thursday night when the robbers entered the Jagannath temple. They scared the temple priest and looted ancient idols, silver made utensils, gold jewellery and cash, they said.
In another incident, thieves looted jewellery of lordess Radha, silver products and cash from Raas Mandal temple, police said.
The incident took place yesterday in the Cheerghat area of the city, they said.
The investigation is on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre