Thieves loot idol, cash from Jagannath temple
Mathura: Idols, jewellery and cash were allegedly looted from the sanctum sanctorum of a temple in Gyanguddi area of the city by unidentified men, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place on Thursday night when the robbers entered the Jagannath temple. They scared the temple priest and looted ancient idols, silver made utensils, gold jewellery and cash, they said.
In another incident, thieves looted jewellery of lordess Radha, silver products and cash from Raas Mandal temple, police said.
The incident took place yesterday in the Cheerghat area of the city, they said.
The investigation is on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan