Thieves loot idol, cash from Jagannath temple
Mathura: Idols, jewellery and cash were allegedly looted from the sanctum sanctorum of a temple in Gyanguddi area of the city by unidentified men, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place on Thursday night when the robbers entered the Jagannath temple. They scared the temple priest and looted ancient idols, silver made utensils, gold jewellery and cash, they said.
In another incident, thieves looted jewellery of lordess Radha, silver products and cash from Raas Mandal temple, police said.
The incident took place yesterday in the Cheerghat area of the city, they said.
The investigation is on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC