Thieves loot idol, cash from Jagannath temple
Mathura: Idols, jewellery and cash were allegedly looted from the sanctum sanctorum of a temple in Gyanguddi area of the city by unidentified men, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place on Thursday night when the robbers entered the Jagannath temple. They scared the temple priest and looted ancient idols, silver made utensils, gold jewellery and cash, they said.
In another incident, thieves looted jewellery of lordess Radha, silver products and cash from Raas Mandal temple, police said.
The incident took place yesterday in the Cheerghat area of the city, they said.
The investigation is on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days