Thieves loot idol, cash from Jagannath temple
Mathura: Idols, jewellery and cash were allegedly looted from the sanctum sanctorum of a temple in Gyanguddi area of the city by unidentified men, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place on Thursday night when the robbers entered the Jagannath temple. They scared the temple priest and looted ancient idols, silver made utensils, gold jewellery and cash, they said.
In another incident, thieves looted jewellery of lordess Radha, silver products and cash from Raas Mandal temple, police said.
The incident took place yesterday in the Cheerghat area of the city, they said.
The investigation is on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday