Threat letter to Yogi dispatched from Gorakhpur
Gorakhpur (UP): The threatening letter sent
to BJP MP Yogi Adityanath and some others was dispatched from
Gorakhpur, a senior official in postal department said here on Tueday.
The letter was booked from Railway Mail Service booking
centre at Gorakhpur junction for Connaught place, New Delhi at
1643 hours on June 1, Senior Superintendent of Posts Alok Ojha
A team of postal department along with district
administration and police were investigating the case.
Threat letters, allegedly from `Jaish-e-Mohammad` terror
outfit, were sent to Yogi Adityanath (MP, Gorakhpur), RMD
Agrawal (MLA, Gorakhpur), Archana Tomar (advocate, Lucknow),
Sureshwar Singh (MLA, Mahsi, Bahraich), Prakash Verma (Bajrang
Dal, Kanpur) and Divya Giri (spiritual leader, Lucknow),
following which security for Adityanath and the famous
Gorakhnath Temple had been tightened.
A person identifying himself as Mujahideen Siddiqui had
sent the letter threatening dire consequences if alleged
tirade against Muslim community is continued by them.
The copy of the letter had been handed over to police and
postal department and they are investigating the case.
Ojha said the letter was booked for post office Connaught
Place, New Delhi, from where it was delivered to the
Further investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest