Threat letter to Yogi dispatched from Gorakhpur
Gorakhpur (UP): The threatening letter sent
to BJP MP Yogi Adityanath and some others was dispatched from
Gorakhpur, a senior official in postal department said here on Tueday.
The letter was booked from Railway Mail Service booking
centre at Gorakhpur junction for Connaught place, New Delhi at
1643 hours on June 1, Senior Superintendent of Posts Alok Ojha
A team of postal department along with district
administration and police were investigating the case.
Threat letters, allegedly from `Jaish-e-Mohammad` terror
outfit, were sent to Yogi Adityanath (MP, Gorakhpur), RMD
Agrawal (MLA, Gorakhpur), Archana Tomar (advocate, Lucknow),
Sureshwar Singh (MLA, Mahsi, Bahraich), Prakash Verma (Bajrang
Dal, Kanpur) and Divya Giri (spiritual leader, Lucknow),
following which security for Adityanath and the famous
Gorakhnath Temple had been tightened.
A person identifying himself as Mujahideen Siddiqui had
sent the letter threatening dire consequences if alleged
tirade against Muslim community is continued by them.
The copy of the letter had been handed over to police and
postal department and they are investigating the case.
Ojha said the letter was booked for post office Connaught
Place, New Delhi, from where it was delivered to the
Further investigation is on.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Parineeti Chopra wants 'spa-like' personal spaces at her abode
- Nobody came to help while I screamed, says victim of Bengaluru kidnapping case
- Indian Premier League 2016: List of 11 injured players that have been ruled out of remaining tournament
- Kishore Biyani resigns as Managing Director of Future Retail
- I'm against honouring Malala Yousafzai with Nobel Peace Prize: Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar