Threat letter to Yogi dispatched from Gorakhpur
Gorakhpur (UP): The threatening letter sent
to BJP MP Yogi Adityanath and some others was dispatched from
Gorakhpur, a senior official in postal department said here on Tueday.
The letter was booked from Railway Mail Service booking
centre at Gorakhpur junction for Connaught place, New Delhi at
1643 hours on June 1, Senior Superintendent of Posts Alok Ojha
A team of postal department along with district
administration and police were investigating the case.
Threat letters, allegedly from `Jaish-e-Mohammad` terror
outfit, were sent to Yogi Adityanath (MP, Gorakhpur), RMD
Agrawal (MLA, Gorakhpur), Archana Tomar (advocate, Lucknow),
Sureshwar Singh (MLA, Mahsi, Bahraich), Prakash Verma (Bajrang
Dal, Kanpur) and Divya Giri (spiritual leader, Lucknow),
following which security for Adityanath and the famous
Gorakhnath Temple had been tightened.
A person identifying himself as Mujahideen Siddiqui had
sent the letter threatening dire consequences if alleged
tirade against Muslim community is continued by them.
The copy of the letter had been handed over to police and
postal department and they are investigating the case.
Ojha said the letter was booked for post office Connaught
Place, New Delhi, from where it was delivered to the
Further investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP