Three arms smugglers held in UP
Mainpuri (Uttar Pradesh): Three men who smuggled arms to various states including Delhi, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Uttarakhand have been arrested, police said on Sunday.
The men, in their mid-30s, were trapped on Saturday night from Bhajanpur village here with 12 illegal firearms and several live cartridges.
They were caught while they were going to hand over the consignment to their clients, police inspector VP Malik said in Mainpuri, some 200 km from Lucknow.
The arrested men belong to Uttar Pradesh and have been smuggling arms for six years, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years