Three arms smugglers held in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Three arms smugglers were arrested following a brief shootout on the outskirts of this Uttar Pradesh capital, police said on Monday.
The three men worked for a Bihar based gang and operated in several states of the country. They were nabbed Sunday night from Mohanlalganj area with eight pistols, 20 magazines and several live cartridges.
"Acting on a tip-off, we tried to intercept the car-borne smugglers, who started firing at the police team. However, we managed to nab three smugglers while one of their aides managed to escape," Superintendent of Police (Rural) Ashok Prasad told reporters here.
The men used to supply arms in Delhi, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and NCR regions.
"Investigations are on to gather details about the gang the three used to operate for," he added.
Those arrested are natives of Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender