Three arrested for dishonouring tricolour in UP
Sitapur: Three persons were arrested
for allegedly dishonouring the tricolour at a minority
educational institution here, police said on Saturday.
Principal Arabia Faizul Uloom Eklakh Ahmad and his cousin
Mohammad Hasim were arrested yesterday after it was reported
that the national flag was left lying on the floor of the
institution for hours, they said.
While a complaint against Hasim was lodged for allegedly
throwing the flag on the ground, the principal was arrested
for taking no action despite the issue coming to his notice,
police said, adding that another person named Mohammad Javed
was also arrested in this connection.
The three were booked under the Prevention Of Insults To
National Honour Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?