Three arrested for extracting money in Meerut
Meerut: Three members of National Loktantrik
Party (NLP) were on Wednesday arrested for allegedly extracting money from the owner of a saree shop, police said here.
Police have confiscated two rifles and a car from the
Four others accompanying them managed to flee.
The three have been identified as party president
Harvendra Pandey, state president Arshad Khan and district
president Arif Chaudhury.
"The three of them along with their gang had forcefully
collected money from two shops yesterday and today they came
to Kalyan Ji saree showroom where they were handed over to
the police with the help of traders from nearby shops after a
heated exchange," SP P P Singh said.
On the basis of Vyapar Sangh`s written complaint, a
case has been registered against them under Sections 147,307
and 504 of the Indian Penal Code, Singh added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city