Three arrested for extracting money in Meerut
Meerut: Three members of National Loktantrik
Party (NLP) were on Wednesday arrested for allegedly extracting money from the owner of a saree shop, police said here.
Police have confiscated two rifles and a car from the
Four others accompanying them managed to flee.
The three have been identified as party president
Harvendra Pandey, state president Arshad Khan and district
president Arif Chaudhury.
"The three of them along with their gang had forcefully
collected money from two shops yesterday and today they came
to Kalyan Ji saree showroom where they were handed over to
the police with the help of traders from nearby shops after a
heated exchange," SP P P Singh said.
On the basis of Vyapar Sangh`s written complaint, a
case has been registered against them under Sections 147,307
and 504 of the Indian Penal Code, Singh added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you