Three arrested for extracting money in Meerut
Meerut: Three members of National Loktantrik
Party (NLP) were on Wednesday arrested for allegedly extracting money from the owner of a saree shop, police said here.
Police have confiscated two rifles and a car from the
Four others accompanying them managed to flee.
The three have been identified as party president
Harvendra Pandey, state president Arshad Khan and district
president Arif Chaudhury.
"The three of them along with their gang had forcefully
collected money from two shops yesterday and today they came
to Kalyan Ji saree showroom where they were handed over to
the police with the help of traders from nearby shops after a
heated exchange," SP P P Singh said.
On the basis of Vyapar Sangh`s written complaint, a
case has been registered against them under Sections 147,307
and 504 of the Indian Penal Code, Singh added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Manohar Parrikar says Pampore attack an act of frustration; orders probe
- Virat Kohli: Homework was a 'big headache'
- Three more Indian athletes qualify for Rio Olympics
- 'Reprogrammed' bacteria eat carbon dioxide to produce sugars
- Government eliminates 1.6 crore bogus ration cards, to save Rs 10,000 crore