Three BHU students expelled for ragging
Varanasi: Acting tough on an incident of
ragging, the Banaras Hindu University (BHU) here has expelled
three students for one year for allegedly harassing a junior
The students -- Umashankar Shukla, Rajiv Pandey and Nand
Kumar -- pursuing BAFA at the University have been expelled
for one year after taking congisance of the `Anti-Ragging
Committee` report, Rajesh Singh, chairman of college Press,
Publicity and Publication (PPP) cell, said.
"They would, however, be allowed to complete their BAFA
after the one year expulsion period but would not be given
admission for further studies in the BHU," he said.
A third year BAFA student was allegedly ragged by the
three students on the night of September 12.
After taking cognisance of the student`s complaint, the
committee was directed by the college administration to
conduct an inquiry and submit a report, he said.
This is the third reported incident of ragging in BHU.
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory
- Spain misses deadline for new government, June election set
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’