Three cases registered for breach of poll code
Barabanki (UP): Authorities have filed two
separate cases against an NGO and a BSP District Unit
President for allegedly violating the model code of conduct
in Uttar Pradesh.
Wockhardt foundation, an NGO working under the aegis of
Steel Authority of India, had allegedly distributed free
medicines in Ragaura Thukran area under Daryiabad Assembly
constituency from where Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma`s
son, Rakesh Verma is a Congress candidate, official sources
said on Monday.
A case against the organisation has been filed with the
Tikaitnagar police following a complaint, they said.
In another case, BSP District Unit President Suresh
Gautam had unveiled a statue of Dr Ambedkar in Madarpur
village under Jaidpur Vidhan Sabha constituency on December
A case has been registered in this connection, they said.
In the third incident, a case has been lodged against
Harish Kumar Shukla, a Project Officer at Non-Conventional
Energy Development Authority (NEDA).
Shukla had allegedly sent solar lights in villages under
Dariyabad constituency, which is a violation of the model code
The cases were filed after concerned SDMs had conducted
inquiries in all the incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital