Three cases registered for breach of poll code
Barabanki (UP): Authorities have filed two
separate cases against an NGO and a BSP District Unit
President for allegedly violating the model code of conduct
in Uttar Pradesh.
Wockhardt foundation, an NGO working under the aegis of
Steel Authority of India, had allegedly distributed free
medicines in Ragaura Thukran area under Daryiabad Assembly
constituency from where Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma`s
son, Rakesh Verma is a Congress candidate, official sources
said on Monday.
A case against the organisation has been filed with the
Tikaitnagar police following a complaint, they said.
In another case, BSP District Unit President Suresh
Gautam had unveiled a statue of Dr Ambedkar in Madarpur
village under Jaidpur Vidhan Sabha constituency on December
A case has been registered in this connection, they said.
In the third incident, a case has been lodged against
Harish Kumar Shukla, a Project Officer at Non-Conventional
Energy Development Authority (NEDA).
Shukla had allegedly sent solar lights in villages under
Dariyabad constituency, which is a violation of the model code
The cases were filed after concerned SDMs had conducted
inquiries in all the incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next