Three cases registered for breach of poll code
Barabanki (UP): Authorities have filed two
separate cases against an NGO and a BSP District Unit
President for allegedly violating the model code of conduct
in Uttar Pradesh.
Wockhardt foundation, an NGO working under the aegis of
Steel Authority of India, had allegedly distributed free
medicines in Ragaura Thukran area under Daryiabad Assembly
constituency from where Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma`s
son, Rakesh Verma is a Congress candidate, official sources
said on Monday.
A case against the organisation has been filed with the
Tikaitnagar police following a complaint, they said.
In another case, BSP District Unit President Suresh
Gautam had unveiled a statue of Dr Ambedkar in Madarpur
village under Jaidpur Vidhan Sabha constituency on December
A case has been registered in this connection, they said.
In the third incident, a case has been lodged against
Harish Kumar Shukla, a Project Officer at Non-Conventional
Energy Development Authority (NEDA).
Shukla had allegedly sent solar lights in villages under
Dariyabad constituency, which is a violation of the model code
The cases were filed after concerned SDMs had conducted
inquiries in all the incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media