Meerut: Two sisters and their brother
were burnt alive when their house caught fire in Tarapuri locality here, police said Monday.
12-year-old Gulfisha, eight-year-old Afsa and
five-year-old Sumile were yesterday preparing food when the
house caught fire, police said, adding their parents were not
present at the house at the time of the accident.
The incident came to light when the neighbours noticed
smoke emerging from the house and broke open the door to enter
into the house. They saw three burnt bodies of the children,
Neighbours claimed that since there was no electricity connection in the house, the children were preparing food with the help of candles following which fire broke out in the thatched house.
Enraged over the incident, the locals placed the
bodies on the road and demanded compensation from the Uttar
The villagers were later pacified by senior officers.