Three children charred to death in Balrampur
Patna: Three children were charred to death in a fire which broke out at their residence in Kalyanpur Sultan village under Balrampur police station of Katihar district during the wee hours on Tuesday.
The deceased children identified as Pandav Kumar Mandal (4), Pawan Kumar Mandal (5) and Lakhichand Mandal (12) were sleeping in their house, while their elders had gone to attend a marriage ceremony, police said.
"It seems the fire broke out from a kerosene lamp in the house of Birendra Mandal where these children were sleeping and soon spread to two other neighbouring houses. People rushed to help but could not save the children. The fire was controlled with the help of fire brigade later on," said a police official.
Meanwhile Katihar District Magistrate Prakash Kumar said that the administration is trying to provide financial help to the grieving family for the last rites.
The bodies have been sent to Katihar Sadar Hospital for postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble