Three children charred to death in Balrampur
Patna: Three children were charred to death in a fire which broke out at their residence in Kalyanpur Sultan village under Balrampur police station of Katihar district during the wee hours on Tuesday.
The deceased children identified as Pandav Kumar Mandal (4), Pawan Kumar Mandal (5) and Lakhichand Mandal (12) were sleeping in their house, while their elders had gone to attend a marriage ceremony, police said.
"It seems the fire broke out from a kerosene lamp in the house of Birendra Mandal where these children were sleeping and soon spread to two other neighbouring houses. People rushed to help but could not save the children. The fire was controlled with the help of fire brigade later on," said a police official.
Meanwhile Katihar District Magistrate Prakash Kumar said that the administration is trying to provide financial help to the grieving family for the last rites.
The bodies have been sent to Katihar Sadar Hospital for postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town