Three Class 11 students rape classmate in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: A Class 11 girl was allegedly raped at gunpoint by three of her classmates in Uttar Pradesh`s Baghpat district, police said Saturday. The suspects are absconding.
Residents of Hilwari village in Baghpat, some 400 km from here, held a series of protests, demanding the arrest of the boys.
The 16-year-old victim, who is a resident of Hilwari village in Baghpat, some 400 km from here, was abducted Friday by three boys of her class and raped at a secluded place.
Medical reports of the girl have confirmed rape, police added.
"The three boys and the victim studied in the same class in a school in Baraut town. When the girl was on her way to home from school, the boys abducted and raped her," police inspector RK Singh told reporters in Baghpat.
"The boys, who are close friends, are absconding. Efforts are on to nab them. We have detained some of their family members in order to ascertain their whereabouts," he added.
A large number of residents of Hilwari village Saturday carried out a series of demonstrations in Baghpat, demanding the arrest of the students for raping the girl.
The residents also held protests in front of Baraut police station, threatening to carry out violent demonstrations if the students were not arrested within 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row