Three Class 11 students rape classmate in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: A Class 11 girl was allegedly raped at gunpoint by three of her classmates in Uttar Pradesh`s Baghpat district, police said Saturday. The suspects are absconding.
Residents of Hilwari village in Baghpat, some 400 km from here, held a series of protests, demanding the arrest of the boys.
The 16-year-old victim, who is a resident of Hilwari village in Baghpat, some 400 km from here, was abducted Friday by three boys of her class and raped at a secluded place.
Medical reports of the girl have confirmed rape, police added.
"The three boys and the victim studied in the same class in a school in Baraut town. When the girl was on her way to home from school, the boys abducted and raped her," police inspector RK Singh told reporters in Baghpat.
"The boys, who are close friends, are absconding. Efforts are on to nab them. We have detained some of their family members in order to ascertain their whereabouts," he added.
A large number of residents of Hilwari village Saturday carried out a series of demonstrations in Baghpat, demanding the arrest of the students for raping the girl.
The residents also held protests in front of Baraut police station, threatening to carry out violent demonstrations if the students were not arrested within 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...