Three coaches of passenger train derails, none injured
Lucknow: A passenger train derailed early Wednesday in Uttar Pradesh, disrupting rail traffic on the busy Howrah-Delhi route, an official said. No casualty was reported.
Three coaches of the Kanpur-Shikohabad train went off the tracks near Sarai Bhupat railway station in Etawah district, some 200 km from here, station superintendent P.K. Kamal told reporters.
"The track has been disrupted. A team of railway officials have started operations to restore the track," he said.
The train was heading to Firozabad from Kanpur, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees to get full 6 months arrears in October
- Expect to announce merger with Aircel soon: RCom
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic can still achieve more in football, Eden Hazard on the Swede's Euro 2016 exit
- Xiaomi launches Qicycle, a foldable electric smart bike
- Manoj Bajpayee's 'Budhia Singh – Born to run' showcases the spirit of world's youngest marathon from Odisha – Watch