Three coaches of passenger train derails, none injured
Lucknow: A passenger train derailed early Wednesday in Uttar Pradesh, disrupting rail traffic on the busy Howrah-Delhi route, an official said. No casualty was reported.
Three coaches of the Kanpur-Shikohabad train went off the tracks near Sarai Bhupat railway station in Etawah district, some 200 km from here, station superintendent P.K. Kamal told reporters.
"The track has been disrupted. A team of railway officials have started operations to restore the track," he said.
The train was heading to Firozabad from Kanpur, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation