Three constables arrested for helping undertrial flee
Mathura: Three police constables were on Tuesday suspended and sent to jail for helping an undertrial flee from custody while they were escorting him to a court.
"The three constables - Manjeet Singh, Kuldeep Singh and Jasveer Singh - have been suspended and arrested," SSP Gulab Singh said on Tuesday.
The incident occurred on Monday when Arun alias Fauzi was being escorted by the three police constables for a hearing in Bharatpur of Rajasthan on a government bus, police said.
As soon as the bus left Mathura and took the highway, Arun`s accomplices fired in the air and took keys of the handcuffs from the policemen and took him away, they said.
After the incident, they got off from the bus and fled on motorcycles. Arun was lodged in a Gautam Budh Nagar jail in connection with a number of criminal cases including attempt to murder.
The SSP said there had been no clue on the whereabouts of the undertrial so far, even though four police teams had been formed to nab him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez