Three constables arrested for helping undertrial flee
Mathura: Three police constables were on Tuesday suspended and sent to jail for helping an undertrial flee from custody while they were escorting him to a court.
"The three constables - Manjeet Singh, Kuldeep Singh and Jasveer Singh - have been suspended and arrested," SSP Gulab Singh said on Tuesday.
The incident occurred on Monday when Arun alias Fauzi was being escorted by the three police constables for a hearing in Bharatpur of Rajasthan on a government bus, police said.
As soon as the bus left Mathura and took the highway, Arun`s accomplices fired in the air and took keys of the handcuffs from the policemen and took him away, they said.
After the incident, they got off from the bus and fled on motorcycles. Arun was lodged in a Gautam Budh Nagar jail in connection with a number of criminal cases including attempt to murder.
The SSP said there had been no clue on the whereabouts of the undertrial so far, even though four police teams had been formed to nab him.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Bharti Airtel Q4 net up 2.8% to Rs 1,290 crore; revenue up 8.4% to Rs 24,960 crore
- Trupti Desai writes letter to Mohan Bhagwat, demands equal representation of women in RSS
- Panama Papers' database to go public on May 9
- Buddhadeb, Rahul share stage, call for saving West Bengal from TMC
- Must Read! Narayana Murthy's heartfelt letter to his daughter will make you miss your dad