Three constables arrested for helping undertrial flee
Mathura: Three police constables were on Tuesday suspended and sent to jail for helping an undertrial flee from custody while they were escorting him to a court.
"The three constables - Manjeet Singh, Kuldeep Singh and Jasveer Singh - have been suspended and arrested," SSP Gulab Singh said on Tuesday.
The incident occurred on Monday when Arun alias Fauzi was being escorted by the three police constables for a hearing in Bharatpur of Rajasthan on a government bus, police said.
As soon as the bus left Mathura and took the highway, Arun`s accomplices fired in the air and took keys of the handcuffs from the policemen and took him away, they said.
After the incident, they got off from the bus and fled on motorcycles. Arun was lodged in a Gautam Budh Nagar jail in connection with a number of criminal cases including attempt to murder.
The SSP said there had been no clue on the whereabouts of the undertrial so far, even though four police teams had been formed to nab him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena