Three constables arrested for helping undertrial flee
Mathura: Three police constables were on Tuesday suspended and sent to jail for helping an undertrial flee from custody while they were escorting him to a court.
"The three constables - Manjeet Singh, Kuldeep Singh and Jasveer Singh - have been suspended and arrested," SSP Gulab Singh said on Tuesday.
The incident occurred on Monday when Arun alias Fauzi was being escorted by the three police constables for a hearing in Bharatpur of Rajasthan on a government bus, police said.
As soon as the bus left Mathura and took the highway, Arun`s accomplices fired in the air and took keys of the handcuffs from the policemen and took him away, they said.
After the incident, they got off from the bus and fled on motorcycles. Arun was lodged in a Gautam Budh Nagar jail in connection with a number of criminal cases including attempt to murder.
The SSP said there had been no clue on the whereabouts of the undertrial so far, even though four police teams had been formed to nab him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt