Three cops suspended for beating rape victim in UP
Bijnor: In another shocking incident of mistreatment of alleged rape victim, a girl claimed she was beaten up by police personnel when she had gone to file complaint against two youths.
Three police personnel -- Station Officer Ramji Lal, Sub-Inspector Raj Singh and Lady Constable Sukhraj Kaur -- have been suspended following the incident, police said.
The two rape accused have been arrested, they said.
The action was taken after family members of the girl, who belongs to Rasoolpur village, alleged that instead of registering her complaint, the personnel posted at Afzalgarh police station had beaten her up on April 12, a day after two youths of the same village had allegedly raped her.
This is the second such incident in Uttar Pradesh within 10 days.
A 10-year-old alleged rape victim was put behind bars by women cops in Bulandshahr when she had approached them to file a complaint along with her mother.
The Supreme Court yesterday directed the UP government to file response within a week on detention of the 10-year-old rape victim.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'