Three crushed to death by train, 12 hurt
Lucknow: Three people were killed and 12 injured early Monday when an express train hit them while they were removing an uprooted tree from a railway track in Uttar Pradesh`s Azamgarh district, an official said.
The Kanpur-bound Utsarg Express, coming from Bihar, knocked down the locals in Ranipur village, some 300 km from Lucknow. A woman was amongst those killed.
"All the injured are being treated at a hospital. The condition of five-six of them is said to be serious," said Government Railway Police inspector Chavinath Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31