Three crushed to death by train, 12 hurt
Lucknow: Three people were killed and 12 injured early Monday when an express train hit them while they were removing an uprooted tree from a railway track in Uttar Pradesh`s Azamgarh district, an official said.
The Kanpur-bound Utsarg Express, coming from Bihar, knocked down the locals in Ranipur village, some 300 km from Lucknow. A woman was amongst those killed.
"All the injured are being treated at a hospital. The condition of five-six of them is said to be serious," said Government Railway Police inspector Chavinath Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Have every right to intervene if no Syrian Kurd withdrawal: Turkey
- Not given chance to explore my acting abilities: Shamita Shetty
- Sakshi Malik expresses desire to meet Virender Sehwag – Read Viru's HILARIOUS reply
- Airtel upgrades over 9,000 network sites under Open Network
- Thrilled to be a grandfather: Boman Irani