Three crushed to death by train, 12 hurt
Lucknow: Three people were killed and 12 injured early Monday when an express train hit them while they were removing an uprooted tree from a railway track in Uttar Pradesh`s Azamgarh district, an official said.
The Kanpur-bound Utsarg Express, coming from Bihar, knocked down the locals in Ranipur village, some 300 km from Lucknow. A woman was amongst those killed.
"All the injured are being treated at a hospital. The condition of five-six of them is said to be serious," said Government Railway Police inspector Chavinath Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed