Three crushed to death by train, 12 hurt
Lucknow: Three people were killed and 12 injured early Monday when an express train hit them while they were removing an uprooted tree from a railway track in Uttar Pradesh`s Azamgarh district, an official said.
The Kanpur-bound Utsarg Express, coming from Bihar, knocked down the locals in Ranipur village, some 300 km from Lucknow. A woman was amongst those killed.
"All the injured are being treated at a hospital. The condition of five-six of them is said to be serious," said Government Railway Police inspector Chavinath Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city