Three die after consuming hooch in Pratapgarh
Lucknow: Three persons died and another fell
ill after consuming spurious liquor in Pratapgarh district
even as a police officer has been suspended in connection with
the incident, a senior official said here Wednesday.
Sheetala Prasad, Ram Sahai (65), Santosh Kumar (28) and
his brother Jeevan Lal (26) were taken ill after consuming
hooch at Muraini village in Sangipur area late last night,
Additional Director General of Police Brij Lal told reporters.
Sheetala, Santosh and Jeevan -- all Dalit labourers --
died in hospital. Sahai is under treatment, he said.
A preliminary investigation revealed that "Sheetala had
purchased five litres spurious liquor from Raja Chauhan of the
same village," Lal said, adding a case has been registered
against Chauhan and his wife Rani.
The duo, however, was absconding after the incident.
"Incharge of Sangipur police station has been placed
under suspension for laxity and stern action would be taken
against him," the officer said, adding the district magistrate
and superintendent of police have reached the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof