Three die after consuming hooch in Pratapgarh
Lucknow: Three persons died and another fell
ill after consuming spurious liquor in Pratapgarh district
even as a police officer has been suspended in connection with
the incident, a senior official said here Wednesday.
Sheetala Prasad, Ram Sahai (65), Santosh Kumar (28) and
his brother Jeevan Lal (26) were taken ill after consuming
hooch at Muraini village in Sangipur area late last night,
Additional Director General of Police Brij Lal told reporters.
Sheetala, Santosh and Jeevan -- all Dalit labourers --
died in hospital. Sahai is under treatment, he said.
A preliminary investigation revealed that "Sheetala had
purchased five litres spurious liquor from Raja Chauhan of the
same village," Lal said, adding a case has been registered
against Chauhan and his wife Rani.
The duo, however, was absconding after the incident.
"Incharge of Sangipur police station has been placed
under suspension for laxity and stern action would be taken
against him," the officer said, adding the district magistrate
and superintendent of police have reached the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan