Three die after taking drug from quack; 56 clinics sealed in UP
Rampur (UP): An alleged quack has been arrested after three members of a family died on consuming a drug prescribed by him in Bhot Bakkal area here, police said.
After the incident 56 centres being run by alleged quacks in 6 towns of the district have also been sealed.
The accused was arrested on May 21, police sources said.
"Muzaffar, Zebunniha and Sayreen, from the same family, died after consuming a cough syrup given to them by the accused in the Bhot Bakkal area under Azim Nagar police station on May 21," the sources added.
Following the incident, 56 clinics being run by alleged quacks were sealed yesterday and their owners were sent notices to prove authenticity of their establishment.
"Fifty six quacks have been identified for running unauthorised medical practices at various places in the district and notices have been sent to the owners to prove authenticity of their establishment," ML Pushkar, Additional Chief Medical Officer said on Thursday.
According to official information, District Magistrate N K S Chauhan has warned that action will be taken against the quacks under the National Security Act.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Will give 'all justifications' for 8.8% EPF interest rate: Dattatreya
- Are you or people around you happy or sad? Twitter has the answer!
- From Shahid Kapoor to Tommy Singh: Check out the eye-popping transformation for 'Udta Punjab' – Watch
- Finance Ministry defends lower interest rate on EPF, cites lack of funds
- Rahul Gandhi and Buddhadeb Bhattacharya are doing ILU ILU in WB: Amit Shah