Three die due to cold in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Three persons died in the past 24 hours in different parts of Uttar Pradesh as cold wave conditions prevailed across the state, taking the toll this season to 21.
One death each was reported in Lalitpur, Gorakhpur and Muzaffar Nagar, official sources said here on Wednesday.
Lowest temperature in the state was 3.2 degree Celsius recorded at Fatehgarh.
According to the Met office, maximum temperatures were below normal by 6 to 11 degree Celsius over many parts of the state.
While cold day conditions prevailed, weather was mainly dry over the state.
Night temperatures fell markedly in Allahabad division, fell appreciably in Jhansi division and changed little over elsewhere, Met officials said.
For the next 24 hours, cold day conditions would continue to prevail while dense fog (visibility upto 100 metre or less) would occur over some parts of the state, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre