Three die due to cold in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Three persons died in the past 24 hours in different parts of Uttar Pradesh as cold wave conditions prevailed across the state, taking the toll this season to 21.
One death each was reported in Lalitpur, Gorakhpur and Muzaffar Nagar, official sources said here on Wednesday.
Lowest temperature in the state was 3.2 degree Celsius recorded at Fatehgarh.
According to the Met office, maximum temperatures were below normal by 6 to 11 degree Celsius over many parts of the state.
While cold day conditions prevailed, weather was mainly dry over the state.
Night temperatures fell markedly in Allahabad division, fell appreciably in Jhansi division and changed little over elsewhere, Met officials said.
For the next 24 hours, cold day conditions would continue to prevail while dense fog (visibility upto 100 metre or less) would occur over some parts of the state, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you