Three die due to cold in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Three persons died in the past 24 hours in different parts of Uttar Pradesh as cold wave conditions prevailed across the state, taking the toll this season to 21.
One death each was reported in Lalitpur, Gorakhpur and Muzaffar Nagar, official sources said here on Wednesday.
Lowest temperature in the state was 3.2 degree Celsius recorded at Fatehgarh.
According to the Met office, maximum temperatures were below normal by 6 to 11 degree Celsius over many parts of the state.
While cold day conditions prevailed, weather was mainly dry over the state.
Night temperatures fell markedly in Allahabad division, fell appreciably in Jhansi division and changed little over elsewhere, Met officials said.
For the next 24 hours, cold day conditions would continue to prevail while dense fog (visibility upto 100 metre or less) would occur over some parts of the state, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Angelique Kerber eyes double delight, aims German Wimbledon & Euros triumph
- Banned Pakistan spin-bowler Danish Kaneria returns home from India
- Seven companies in race to manage EPFO's equity investments in FY17
- BCCI Conclave: DDCA Joint Secretary Vivek Gupta snubbed as he went uninvited!
- Arjun Kapoor's early birthday celebrations on the sets of 'Half Girlfriend'! Pic inside