Three die in workshop explosion in Rampur
Rampur: Three members of a family, including
a woman, were killed and 14 others injured in an explosion at
a fireworks manufacturing workshop, set up in a house at a
village here, police said Wednesday.
The owner of the factory Shaghir Ahmad (60), wife Shamim
Jaha (55) and their son Irshad (30) died last evening in the
explosion at Nagaria village that destroyed their house and
affected some nearby constructions as well, they added.
The police suspect that the combustible materials in the
workshop might have come in contact with an ignited stove.
Ahmad did not have license for running a workshop inside
his residence, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list