Three fresh cases of rape in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: A 10-year-old Dalit girl was
gangraped and burnt alive while another minor from the
community and a mentally challenged teenager were sexually
assaulted in fresh rape cases in UP ahead of the planned
launch of a campaign by Mayawati Government to tackle crime.
In Ghaziabad, a 10-year-old dalit girl was gang-raped
and burnt alive in Anwarpur village, police said. The incident
came a week after a 35-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped
and burnt alive by three persons in Etah.
The minor girl, whose parents had gone out for work,
was overpowered by some men who entered her house last
evening, they said, adding that they raped her and set her
afire when she called out for help.
The victim was rushed to a local hospital. She was
later referred to GTB Hospital in Delhi where she succumbed to
Senior police officials reached the village, falling
under Pilakhuwa police station area.
One person was arrested last night in connection with
the case and the girl`s body was sent for post-mortem, police
While security in the village has been tightened, SDM
Hapur Pushpa Devrar has started a probe into the incident on
the directions of District Magistrate Hredesh Kumar.
In Barabanki, a 11-year-old Dalit girl was allegedly
raped by a youth in Dewa area, police said today.
The victim was dragged by a youth to a secluded place
and raped while she was returning home in Ibrahimpur Khurd
village last night, they said.
The accused Shiv Kumar has been arrested, police
In Hathras, parents of a teenager lodged a complaint
with police that the girl was raped by her uncle Kishori on
June 24. The police have arrested the accused.
The rape incidents came as Chief Minister Mayawati
prepared to chair a high-level meeting of officials tomorrow
to chalk out strategy to deal with crime after a spate of rape
and murder incidents this month prompted the Centre to seek a
report from Uttar Pradesh Government on the prevailing law and
order situation in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan