Three get 10-yr jail term for girl`s gangrape
Bijnore: A court here has sentenced three persons to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment each for the gangrape of a teenage girl in 2009.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Rajendra Singh yesterday awarded the jail term to the three for the gangrape of the 17-year-old girl, a resident of village Umari under Heempur police circle.
The three accused -- brothers Bhoora and Matin and Farooq had abducted the girl from a doctor`s clinic at Chandpur on July 4, 2009 when she had gone there with her sister and brother-in-law to take medicine for herself.
The three took her to Delhi in a car, kept her confined there for four days and gang-raped her.
The judge also imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 each on the three accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!