Three get 10-yr jail term for girl`s gangrape
Bijnore: A court here has sentenced three persons to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment each for the gangrape of a teenage girl in 2009.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Rajendra Singh yesterday awarded the jail term to the three for the gangrape of the 17-year-old girl, a resident of village Umari under Heempur police circle.
The three accused -- brothers Bhoora and Matin and Farooq had abducted the girl from a doctor`s clinic at Chandpur on July 4, 2009 when she had gone there with her sister and brother-in-law to take medicine for herself.
The three took her to Delhi in a car, kept her confined there for four days and gang-raped her.
The judge also imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 each on the three accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- In process of overturning 'illegal decisions' of AAP Govt: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung
- Huawei smartphones to come pre-loaded with Truecaller
- Cricket in USA, 1st T20I: West Indies eye comeback after demolition in Tests; MS Dhoni & Co seek revenge
- Ex-Haryana speaker SS Kadian jailed for 7 years in graft case
- RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan welcomes appointment of Urjit Patel as his successor