Three get 10-yr jail term for girl`s gangrape
Bijnore: A court here has sentenced three persons to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment each for the gangrape of a teenage girl in 2009.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Rajendra Singh yesterday awarded the jail term to the three for the gangrape of the 17-year-old girl, a resident of village Umari under Heempur police circle.
The three accused -- brothers Bhoora and Matin and Farooq had abducted the girl from a doctor`s clinic at Chandpur on July 4, 2009 when she had gone there with her sister and brother-in-law to take medicine for herself.
The three took her to Delhi in a car, kept her confined there for four days and gang-raped her.
The judge also imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 each on the three accused.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India