Three gets lifer in murder case
Ghazipur: Three persons were sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court in a 12-year-old murder case.
Additional Sessions Judge Anupati Ram Yadav found Munna, Jugnu and Markandey guilty of killing Vikram Yadav in Islamabad village on August 7, 2000 and awarded them the punishment yesterday.
Yadav was shot dead by the trio when he was returning home after attending a court case, the prosecution sources said.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on each of the convicts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars