Three gets lifer in murder case
Ghazipur: Three persons were sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court in a 12-year-old murder case.
Additional Sessions Judge Anupati Ram Yadav found Munna, Jugnu and Markandey guilty of killing Vikram Yadav in Islamabad village on August 7, 2000 and awarded them the punishment yesterday.
Yadav was shot dead by the trio when he was returning home after attending a court case, the prosecution sources said.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on each of the convicts.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference