Three held for killing Dalit for attending marriage function
Ballia (UP): Three persons, including the
relatives of a BSP MLA, were Monday arrested here for allegedly
beating a Dalit youth to death after he attended a wedding
function, defying a diktat, police said.
Tribhuvan and Laxman, cousin brothers of BSP MLA and
former minister Ghuraram, and Shobha Devi were held on the
charges of killing Direndra Kumar on Saturday night, Deputy
Superintendent of Police B N Tiwari said.
Dhirendra`s family, which had been "socially boycotted"
some years ago, had earlier lodged a complaint accusing the
BSP MLA of conspiring in the murder, he said.
Earlier, police said the victim went to attend a marriage
function Saturday night and some villagers attacked him in
order to teach a lesson.
However, some persons had lodged a complaint alleging
that the attack was in retaliation to rape of a 15-year-old
girl allegedly by Dhirendra and his two associates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Types of HIV carried by chimps can infect humans: Study
- NASA’s SDO captures bursts of solar material from the Sun- Watch
- Watch: Videos show German-Iranian gunman going on rampage in Munich
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 24, millions evacuated
- Defence Minister Parrikar leaves for Chennai to monitor ops of missing IAF AN 32