Three held for killing Dalit for attending marriage function
Ballia (UP): Three persons, including the
relatives of a BSP MLA, were Monday arrested here for allegedly
beating a Dalit youth to death after he attended a wedding
function, defying a diktat, police said.
Tribhuvan and Laxman, cousin brothers of BSP MLA and
former minister Ghuraram, and Shobha Devi were held on the
charges of killing Direndra Kumar on Saturday night, Deputy
Superintendent of Police B N Tiwari said.
Dhirendra`s family, which had been "socially boycotted"
some years ago, had earlier lodged a complaint accusing the
BSP MLA of conspiring in the murder, he said.
Earlier, police said the victim went to attend a marriage
function Saturday night and some villagers attacked him in
order to teach a lesson.
However, some persons had lodged a complaint alleging
that the attack was in retaliation to rape of a 15-year-old
girl allegedly by Dhirendra and his two associates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics