Three held for trying to kill cops
Deoria (UP): Three alleged cattle smugglers were arrested after they tried to mow down some policemen in Bhatparani area here in the district, a senior police official said on Wednesday.
During checking at Mahuja barrier last night, the policemen tried to stop a truck loaded with cattle, but the smugglers instead of stopping it attempted to crush them, SP Ravi Shanker Chabbi said.
Chabbi said, however, no policeman was injured in the incident.
The arrested smugglers have been identified as Dhananjay, Bharat and Ravindra and a case registered against them, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar