Three held with nine sacks of coins in UP
Agra: Three people have been arrested here with nine sacks of coins that were to be melted illegally in Delhi, police said Friday.
The coins were in the denominations of rupees one, two and five. The melted coins would have been mixed with silver for making statues and other items, officials said.
Mukesh, Dheeraj and Sachin, in their 20s, were arrested from the Vijay Nagar colony here Thursday. They were booked under the Currency Act.
They told the police that the coins had been purchased from a shopkeeper in Rawat Para market.
They were planning to sell the one rupee coin for Rs.1.50 and the five rupee coin for Rs.7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women