Three held with nine sacks of coins in UP
Agra: Three people have been arrested here with nine sacks of coins that were to be melted illegally in Delhi, police said Friday.
The coins were in the denominations of rupees one, two and five. The melted coins would have been mixed with silver for making statues and other items, officials said.
Mukesh, Dheeraj and Sachin, in their 20s, were arrested from the Vijay Nagar colony here Thursday. They were booked under the Currency Act.
They told the police that the coins had been purchased from a shopkeeper in Rawat Para market.
They were planning to sell the one rupee coin for Rs.1.50 and the five rupee coin for Rs.7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre