Three incidents of suicide
Muzaffarnagar: Three cases of alleged
suicide were reported from two districts of the state, police
said on Wednesday.
A 28 year-old woman, Jaspreet Kaur married in 2009 to a
US-based software engineer Jasvir Singh committed suicide in
Gandhi Colony last evening.
She hanged herself in her room, they said adding the
victim had come down to India from US last week to visit her
In a separate incident, Sunny (18) allegedly committed
suicide by consuming poison at Manlandi village in
Prabudhnagar district, police said.
Prima facie it appeared that the victim took the extreme
step after he failed the medical test for Army recruitment.
In another incident, a youth committed suicide by jumping
into the Yamuna canal near Kandhla town in Prabudhnagar
district yesterday. The police informed that the unidentified
body has been sent for postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'