Three incidents of suicide
Muzaffarnagar: Three cases of alleged
suicide were reported from two districts of the state, police
said on Wednesday.
A 28 year-old woman, Jaspreet Kaur married in 2009 to a
US-based software engineer Jasvir Singh committed suicide in
Gandhi Colony last evening.
She hanged herself in her room, they said adding the
victim had come down to India from US last week to visit her
In a separate incident, Sunny (18) allegedly committed
suicide by consuming poison at Manlandi village in
Prabudhnagar district, police said.
Prima facie it appeared that the victim took the extreme
step after he failed the medical test for Army recruitment.
In another incident, a youth committed suicide by jumping
into the Yamuna canal near Kandhla town in Prabudhnagar
district yesterday. The police informed that the unidentified
body has been sent for postmortem.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- PM Narendra Modi takes his place alongside other world leaders at Madame Tussauds
- Indra Nooyi, Satya Nadella, Bhavesh Patel among highest paid CEOs in world
- Oh fresh! You can't afford to miss these pictures from Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover's pooja ceremony
- 7th Pay Commission: New pay scales to put extra burden of Rs 1.02 lakh cr in FY17
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 24: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders — As it happened...