Three including former BSP MLA arrested
Bijnore: Three persons, including a former BSP MLA from Dhampur Ashok Rana, were Friday arrested on charges of abducting a petrol pump owner and assaulting a police party which went to get him released.
Rana, his nephew Udit Narian and another relative Sumit Kumar were arrested from Nathaur town this morning.
According to Circle Officer of Dhampur, Harendra Yadav, Rana and others had abducted one Subodh Sharma with whom he had a rivalry over business partnership and took him to his native Thadjad village on June 5.
On the FIR filed by Sharma`s wife, a police team went to rescue Sharma but it faced stiff opposition from his supporters who fired and indulged in stone pelting, resulting in injuries to nine policemen.
A case was also filed against Rana`s supporters in this connection, Yadav said.
Though Sharma was released in the meantime, the police team`s continued efforts to nab Rana failed but today he was arrested from Nathaur, Yadav said adding that he has been sent to jail by the CJM court here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster