Three injured in police firing as villagers clash with cops in UP
Deoria: Three persons were injured in alleged firing by police during a clash with a mob following a violent protest after the death of a sadhu in Rampur Karkhana area here, official sources said.
Three persons were injured in the clash between police and villagers, who were protesting against the alleged murder of a sadhu by unidentified persons, sub-divisional magistrate Sadar Gyan Prakash Srivastava said.
A 60-year-old sadhu named Jatadhari, who lived in a hut near Patanwa bridge, was allegedly immolated by unidentified persons late last night.
Protesting against his death, villagers today staged a protest and went on rampage.
The protest turned more violent when police resorted to lathicharge in a bid to control the situation, sources said.
Villagers alleged that the three persons were injured in police firing.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case