Three injured in police firing as villagers clash with cops in UP
Deoria: Three persons were injured in alleged firing by police during a clash with a mob following a violent protest after the death of a sadhu in Rampur Karkhana area here, official sources said.
Three persons were injured in the clash between police and villagers, who were protesting against the alleged murder of a sadhu by unidentified persons, sub-divisional magistrate Sadar Gyan Prakash Srivastava said.
A 60-year-old sadhu named Jatadhari, who lived in a hut near Patanwa bridge, was allegedly immolated by unidentified persons late last night.
Protesting against his death, villagers today staged a protest and went on rampage.
The protest turned more violent when police resorted to lathicharge in a bid to control the situation, sources said.
Villagers alleged that the three persons were injured in police firing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!