Three injured in police firing as villagers clash with cops in UP
Deoria: Three persons were injured in alleged firing by police during a clash with a mob following a violent protest after the death of a sadhu in Rampur Karkhana area here, official sources said.
Three persons were injured in the clash between police and villagers, who were protesting against the alleged murder of a sadhu by unidentified persons, sub-divisional magistrate Sadar Gyan Prakash Srivastava said.
A 60-year-old sadhu named Jatadhari, who lived in a hut near Patanwa bridge, was allegedly immolated by unidentified persons late last night.
Protesting against his death, villagers today staged a protest and went on rampage.
The protest turned more violent when police resorted to lathicharge in a bid to control the situation, sources said.
Villagers alleged that the three persons were injured in police firing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi