Three kawadiyas killed in separate incidents
Muzaffarnagar: Three kawadiyas were killed in separate incidents here during kawad yatra, police said on Friday.
Jaipal (45), a pilgrim from Haryana, died of snake bite at Chapar village yesterday, while Sushil Kumar (30), also from Haryana died of illness, police said.
Another pilgrim, Naresh (30) was killed in a road accident when his motorcyle collided with another vehicle here.
Meanwhile, two more kawad pilgrims died due to electrocution during kawad yatra near Roorkee.
Pradeep (20) was electrocuted when he came in contact with high tension wires while travelling on train`s roof where as another 28-year-old Delhi-based kawad pilgrim was electrocuted when he came in contact with a generator, police said.
The district authorities have closed all educational institutions and vehicular traffic on all yatra routes has been diverted to ensure the security of kavad pilgrims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video