Three kawadiyas killed in separate incidents
Muzaffarnagar: Three kawadiyas were killed in separate incidents here during kawad yatra, police said on Friday.
Jaipal (45), a pilgrim from Haryana, died of snake bite at Chapar village yesterday, while Sushil Kumar (30), also from Haryana died of illness, police said.
Another pilgrim, Naresh (30) was killed in a road accident when his motorcyle collided with another vehicle here.
Meanwhile, two more kawad pilgrims died due to electrocution during kawad yatra near Roorkee.
Pradeep (20) was electrocuted when he came in contact with high tension wires while travelling on train`s roof where as another 28-year-old Delhi-based kawad pilgrim was electrocuted when he came in contact with a generator, police said.
The district authorities have closed all educational institutions and vehicular traffic on all yatra routes has been diverted to ensure the security of kavad pilgrims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'