Three kawadiyas killed in separate incidents
Muzaffarnagar: Three kawadiyas were killed in separate incidents here during kawad yatra, police said on Friday.
Jaipal (45), a pilgrim from Haryana, died of snake bite at Chapar village yesterday, while Sushil Kumar (30), also from Haryana died of illness, police said.
Another pilgrim, Naresh (30) was killed in a road accident when his motorcyle collided with another vehicle here.
Meanwhile, two more kawad pilgrims died due to electrocution during kawad yatra near Roorkee.
Pradeep (20) was electrocuted when he came in contact with high tension wires while travelling on train`s roof where as another 28-year-old Delhi-based kawad pilgrim was electrocuted when he came in contact with a generator, police said.
The district authorities have closed all educational institutions and vehicular traffic on all yatra routes has been diverted to ensure the security of kavad pilgrims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’