Three kawadiyas killed in separate incidents
Muzaffarnagar: Three kawadiyas were killed in separate incidents here during kawad yatra, police said on Friday.
Jaipal (45), a pilgrim from Haryana, died of snake bite at Chapar village yesterday, while Sushil Kumar (30), also from Haryana died of illness, police said.
Another pilgrim, Naresh (30) was killed in a road accident when his motorcyle collided with another vehicle here.
Meanwhile, two more kawad pilgrims died due to electrocution during kawad yatra near Roorkee.
Pradeep (20) was electrocuted when he came in contact with high tension wires while travelling on train`s roof where as another 28-year-old Delhi-based kawad pilgrim was electrocuted when he came in contact with a generator, police said.
The district authorities have closed all educational institutions and vehicular traffic on all yatra routes has been diverted to ensure the security of kavad pilgrims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended