Three kawadiyas killed in separate incidents
Muzaffarnagar: Three kawadiyas were killed in separate incidents here during kawad yatra, police said on Friday.
Jaipal (45), a pilgrim from Haryana, died of snake bite at Chapar village yesterday, while Sushil Kumar (30), also from Haryana died of illness, police said.
Another pilgrim, Naresh (30) was killed in a road accident when his motorcyle collided with another vehicle here.
Meanwhile, two more kawad pilgrims died due to electrocution during kawad yatra near Roorkee.
Pradeep (20) was electrocuted when he came in contact with high tension wires while travelling on train`s roof where as another 28-year-old Delhi-based kawad pilgrim was electrocuted when he came in contact with a generator, police said.
The district authorities have closed all educational institutions and vehicular traffic on all yatra routes has been diverted to ensure the security of kavad pilgrims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'