Three killed, 15 taken ill after inhaling poisonous gas
Hardoi: Three persons, including a woman,
were on Saturday killed and fifteen others taken ill after inhaling
a poisonous gas emanating from a ruptured gas pipeline of a
private chemical factory in Sandila industrial area here.
Sri Ram (50), Mhole (45) and Indrana (44) died due to
leakage in gas pipeline of Amit Hydro Chem factory in the wee
hours this morning while fifteen others were taken ill of whom
12 rpt 12 have been rushed to Trauma centre of KGMU hospital
in the state capital, Additional Superintendent of Police O P
Singh here said.
Three others were undergoing treatment at the
community health centre in Sandila.
The gas was Benzene chloride, according to officials.
A case has also been registered against the owner of
the factory, B N Lal, his son Amit Srivastava and an engineer,
Shailendra and search has been launched for them, the ASP said
adding that the factory has been sealed.
Those killed in the incident, Sri Ram owned a small
rice factory adjacent to chemical plant, Mohle and Indrana
worked as a labourer at a nearby brick field, the ASP said.
District Magistrate Avdhesh Kumar Singh Rathore
said that Rs one lakh would be provided to the next of kin of
the deceased and Rs 20 thousand each would be provided to
those taken ill in the incident.
The DM said that an additional Rs one lakh each
would be provided to the families of the deceased from krishak
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider