Three killed, 15 taken ill after inhaling poisonous gas
Hardoi: Three persons, including a woman,
were on Saturday killed and fifteen others taken ill after inhaling
a poisonous gas emanating from a ruptured gas pipeline of a
private chemical factory in Sandila industrial area here.
Sri Ram (50), Mhole (45) and Indrana (44) died due to
leakage in gas pipeline of Amit Hydro Chem factory in the wee
hours this morning while fifteen others were taken ill of whom
12 rpt 12 have been rushed to Trauma centre of KGMU hospital
in the state capital, Additional Superintendent of Police O P
Singh here said.
Three others were undergoing treatment at the
community health centre in Sandila.
The gas was Benzene chloride, according to officials.
A case has also been registered against the owner of
the factory, B N Lal, his son Amit Srivastava and an engineer,
Shailendra and search has been launched for them, the ASP said
adding that the factory has been sealed.
Those killed in the incident, Sri Ram owned a small
rice factory adjacent to chemical plant, Mohle and Indrana
worked as a labourer at a nearby brick field, the ASP said.
District Magistrate Avdhesh Kumar Singh Rathore
said that Rs one lakh would be provided to the next of kin of
the deceased and Rs 20 thousand each would be provided to
those taken ill in the incident.
The DM said that an additional Rs one lakh each
would be provided to the families of the deceased from krishak
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read