Three killed as lightning strikes cracker factory
Ghaziabad: Three women were killed and four
others were injured when lightning struck a crackers
manufacturing factory in Farooq Nagar in the district, police
said on Friday.
An explosion took place in the factory after lightning
struck the building and the structure collapsed last evening,
Assistant Superintendent of Police Amit Verma said.
Three women working in the factory - 65-year-old Ramjano
40-year-old Farzana and 45-year-old Jamshidi - were killed in
Four passers-by were also injured and rushed to
Verma said the cracker factory was being run
According to police, over 50 unauthorised cracker
factories are operating in the area.
Taking serious note of the incident, District Magistrate
Shashi Bhushan Kumar has directed sub divisional magistrates
to file a report about unauthorised cracker factories
operating in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!